Employee Information Page

The information provided here is primarily for current Person County Schools' employees.  If you have any questions, please contact Human Resource Services at 336-599-2191 ext. 133 or ext. 114.

2015-2016 PCS Employee Handbook
Inclement Weather
 -- In case of school cancellation or early dismissal due to inclement weather, it is important that all staff members clearly understand the options related to the work day. For detailed information please click here.

Health Certificate -- All new employees are required to have a physical, including a TB test, within the first 30 days of employment. Forms are provided during the new hire sign-up appointment, or can be downloaded by clicking here.

Address or Telephone Number Change Request -- In order to keep your personnel file up to date with our office, please submit an address change form to Human Resource Services.  The form can be downloaded here, and may be sent by Courier from your school, by mail to Central Services, or by fax to 336-599-0844.

Name Change Procedures -- Several forms must be updated in the event that an employee changes his/her name.  Please contact Human Resource Services regarding the necessary process and forms. More detailed information is available by clicking here.

Resignations -- The resignation form is available at the Human Resource Services office or by clicking here.  Employees should complete the form and return it to the Director of Human Resources by courier from your school or by mail. Please note that certified employees are required to provide 30 days notice prior to resignation.

You will receive a letter verifying receipt and acceptance of your resignation, along with information on completing an exit survey. Please complete the survey so that we may use the data in our efforts to continuously improve Person County Schools. 

Transfer Requests -- Requests for transfer must be renewed each year to ensure active and current intent.  To request or renew a transfer request, send the request form to the Human Resources Director no later than April 30 of the current year. You can download the form here.  (Reference Policy 7440)

Once submitted, the request is reviewed and approved by the Human Resources Director.  Once approved, your request is entered on our database and principals with vacancies are notified of the request.  If requesting a transfer, the employee should monitor employment opportunities and communicate to the principal with the vacancy of desire to interview.

Employee Leave Agreements:  Any employee who needs to take a leave of absence (6 or more days) for personal or professional reasons should submit a request for leave.  Contact Kathy Hall at 336-599-2191, ext. 133 if you have any questions.

Voluntary Shared Leave (VSL): Individuals who would like to request VSL should complete the application (available at the Human Resources Services office) and return it to Kathy Hall.  Once the committee has reviewed your request, you will be notified of their decision. 

Individuals who would like to donate leave should complete a donor's request and return it to Human Resource Services. 

Tax forms -- To change your income tax deductions, you must submit an updated W-4 (federal) and NC-4 (state) withholding form to Human Resource Services or Payroll. 

If you have any questions about these benefits please contact Human Resource Services; 336/599-2191, ext. 133.