We are continuously recruiting qualified people to be substitute bus
drivers for Person County Schools. If interested, you should complete an
online application or a print application.
Once you complete the application, we will complete a Criminal Record
Check and a driver’s license check. If the record checks are clear, then
you will be contacted for an interview about one month before the next
scheduled class. We have training classes once each fall and spring.
In order to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with a S & P endorsement you must meet the following requirements:
1. Possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license of Class A, B, or C.
2. Within (12) months before certification:
- Cannot have more than one conviction of any moving violation
- Cannot have a conviction of:
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding in excess of 15 MPH above the posted speed limit
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Cannot have a conviction of a moving violation which was the proximate cause of an accident
3. Within (24) months before certification cannot have a suspension
or revocation of driving privilege (excluding status offenses of):
- Lapsed liability insurance
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to comply with out-of-state ticket
- A 10-day revocation (not accompanied by a DWI).
4. Within (5) years before certification:
- Cannot have more than three convictions of any kind
- Cannot have more than two convictions which were causes of an accident
- Cannot have a conviction of driving while impaired
5. Must not have more than one (1) conviction of DWI on driving record
6. Shall not have a “STOP” entry driving record at time of certification
7. Shall not have an overall questionable driving record
8. Must successfully pass all required class work and roadwork training course for school bus driver