All PCS middle and high school students will be issued a Person County Schools laptop computer for their instructional activities for the 201617 school year.
In order to receive access and use of a PCS laptop, all PCS middle and high school students must complete ALL of the following procedures, requirements, and processes NO LATER THAN August 26, 2016!.
- Attend one of the laptop distribution session scheduled for your school of attendance
- All Students AND their parent(s)/guardian must read and sign a PCS Laptop Usage and Fee Agreement
- Pay their Laptop Usage Fee Payment . All students must pay a $25 yearly usage fee to be able to use a school laptop during the 2016-2017 school year. The usage fee for the 21617 school year must be paid before August 26, 2016. Payments can be made at the student's school of attendance.
- All students must provide a "PCS approved" laptop bag OR a book bag with a wellpadded section for storing and carrying PCS laptop. All students will be required to have an approved laptop bag before they can be assigned a PCS Laptop. Students who do not have an approved bag will not receive a PCS Laptop until an approved bag is provided.
- All students AND their parent/guardian must participate in a PCS laptop care and use informational session and must sign a PCS Laptop Usage Agreement Form before being issued a PCS Laptop.
*Participation in a training session and signing of parent/student Laptop Usage Agreement can be completed at the same time that you pay laptop usage fee. Both the student and the student must be present to complete these requirements.
**The parent/guardian signing as the responsible party for the PCS student must show a valid driver's license number when signing the PCS Laptop Usage Agreement.
AGAIN please remember that all students and their parents/guardian must complete the PCS Laptop Distribution process, procedures and requirements BY AUGUST, 26TH. (Failure to complete these requirements by set date may result in a disruption or delay of instructional activities.)