How the Fundraiser Works
- Green Circle NC will collect used cooking oil from local restaurants.
- The used cooking oil is then processed into a quality feedstock to make Biodiesel fuel.
- The used cooking oil is then sold to be made into Biodiesel, a cleaner, more environmentally safe form of energy than current diesel fuel.
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the used cooking oil will come back to the Person County Schools to support:
- Classroom Teachers
- Teacher Assistants
- Technology for classrooms
- Fuel to fund student transportation and extra-curricular activities.
Look at the immediate benefits the Biodiesel 4 Schools program is bringing to the school district and the community.
- Saves the school district thousands of dollars.
- Helps keep teachers, teacher assistants and technology in our classrooms.
- Provides an avenue for restaurant owners to generate PR by “giving back” to the community, which is much more effective than advertising.
- Offers alternative solutions for our school system in dealing with our current economic problems.
- Allows the county to be more self-reliant and demonstrating how we can take care of our own.
- Propels the county to a leadership position, thereby providing an example for other communities to follow.
- It’s the right thing to do.